What funding is available for your services?

Please check with your extended health benefits provider to see if Occupational Therapy is covered. The coverage may be specific for Occupational Therapy or may be under Allied Health.

For equipment, certain equipment can be covered by Alberta Aides to Daily Living. I can provide information about alternate funding sources on a case by case basis.

For modifications, the Residential Access Modification Program (RAMP) can provide funding for those who qualify.

Where do your assessment and treatment sessions occur?

Generally, assessment and treatment sessions are conducted in your home. Occupational Therapy focuses on the interaction between the person (you), the activity, and the environment. In many cases that environment is your home, so by completing the sessions in your home I can evaluate the role that this plays in the difficulty you are having. I can also conduct virtual sessions as needed.

How many sessions are normally required?

The number and length of sessions required varies depending on your needs and preferences. Please contact me for an estimate based on your individual needs.

Do you provide your services virtually?

I can offer virtual assessment and treatment for all services. For many of my services in-person visits are best, but I am always happy to provide virtual services for those that prefer this option.

I don't know much about Occupational Therapy, how do I learn more?

Occupational Therapy is registered health profession. It involves completing a four year undergraduate degree followed by a two year master's degree in Occupational Therapy. I have a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy. Occupational Therapists work with individuals dealing with disabilities and health problems throughout the lifespan. We work in hospitals, long term care facilities, rehab facilities, schools, group homes, and in the community. Please see these websites for more information: OT Alberta and About OT.